Effective January 1, 2020
(This Policy does not apply to residents of the European Union, whose personal information we do not collect or process.)
THE KINDS OF INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
These are the kinds of information we may collect:
Information you affirmatively provide to us. We collect your information through email communications by you or your response to our email communications, through information voluntarily provided by you in connection with our marketing efforts or events, through your inquiries through our website, your creation of an account with us, your ordering product, or through any other information voluntarily provided by you through any channel. This information may include your name, contact information address, organizational connection (if any), or any other information you voluntarily provide to us. Under such circumstances, we may keep a record of your contact information and may use your email address and any other information you provided to us, to respond to you or to provide the services you requested.
If you create an online account, we also collect your password as well as information regarding your interests and preferences. Purchase information is maintained in account form as required to engage in secure consumer friendly e-commerce. Unless specifically requested and you use the method that we identify for such purpose, please do not send us any personal or otherwise confidential information. (Users may edit or change their personal information in their account by logging in and following the "edit this information" link in their account.)
Information we collect electronically. When you use our services, our servers may automatically capture information about you, such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, Internet Protocol (IP) address, the domain name of your internet service provider, which pages you visit on our site and how long you spend on each, and the unique number assigned to your server or internet connection.
If you connect with us over a social media network such as Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram, our systems may capture personal information from a particular network consistent with your privacy settings there. That information could include your name, user name, user ID, profile photo, age range, friends and/or follower list, etc. If your privacy settings allow such information to be shared, we will assume that network is authorized to share it with us.
Our website also includes several trackers from third parties, which help us collect information about the preferences of people who visit our site.
HOW WE USE OR SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We do not sell, nor will we sell, personal information received by JMSR. We do use your information as follows:
- To provide services to you. We use your personal information to inform you of upcoming marketing events, industry developments, product characteristics and recommendations, and new products.
- To respond to your inquiries or requests. We pride ourselves on our customer service and product expertise. When you contact us with questions, comments, or concerns, we will collect your personal information in order to serve you in a manner consistent with our high expectations.
- To engage in marketing activities. We may add your personal information to our databases, including our subscriber and contact lists. This will allow us to deliver targeted marketing materials to you and to inform you of upcoming events and programs, new products, and other subjects of interest to you based on your contact(s) with us.
- To assist in our marketing efforts. We provide your contact information to a third party which assists us in sending bulk emails to existing customers. This contact information includes only your email address. We require that third party to exercise reasonable care to protect your personal information and to adhere to all pertinent privacy laws, and we restrict the use of the information to the purposes for which it was provided.
- To comply with valid legal requirements. We may access, preserve, and disclose your information and other information if we believe that doing so is required or appropriate to comply with valid legal requests, to protect your, our, or others’ rights, to enforce our policies or contracts, or to respond to you or at your direction to disclose the information.
- Also, if you register for a co-hosted meeting or event with JMSR and an authorized provider, unless otherwise stated, we may share your registration and or attendance information with the declared co-hosting provider to facilitate event or meeting execution.
CONSUMERS RESIDING IN CALIFORNIA
California Privacy Rights.
As a consumer residing in California, you have the right to:
- Know what personal information is being collected about you;
- Know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed, and to whom;
- Say no to the sale of your personal information;
- Access your personal information;
- Request that your information be deleted from our records; and
- Receive equal service and prices, even if you exercise your privacy rights.
Exercising Your Privacy Rights.
We have disclosed above the categories of personal information we collect in the course of our business, and our use of the same. This is how you can exercise your privacy rights:
- As previously indicated, we do not sell your personal information.
- You may request that we disclose to you, free of charge, the personal information collected by us during the 12 months prior to your request, including the categories and specific pieces of that personal information, the sources from which we collected it, the purpose for collecting the information, and the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information. Your request for a copy of the personal information can be made only twice during the 12 month period.
- You may request that we delete from our records all personal information pertaining to you.
- We must verify your identity before disclosing or deleting your personal information. We will promptly verify the request, respond to your verified request within 10 days, and disclose and deliver the requested information to you, or delete your information if requested, within 45 days after our receipt of your request.
- You can make your request for disclosure or deletion of your personal information through the
- By toll free telephone (888) 695 – 2611.
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- By writing to us at
Jan Marini Skin Research
5883 Rue Ferrari
San Jose, CA 95138
- If you believe you have been discriminated against or treated less favorably by us after exercising your privacy rights, you may notify us through the same channels.
Your Ability to Opt Out of Notifications.
Please note that you may no longer receive announcements, updates, or invitations to events if we delete your personal information. As an alternative to deletion, users may choose to opt out of our mailing lists by choosing the "unsubscribe” option in response to any promotional material they receive. Users may also change their preferences by emailing email@example.com or by phoning or mailing us as indicated above.
We will make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your information. However, there may be circumstances where we are unable to provide access, including, without limitation, where the information would compromise the privacy of others, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risk to the privacy rights in question, or where the information is commercially proprietary. If we determine that access should be restricted for any reason, we will provide you with the reason for that determination as well as a contact person for any further discussion of the issue.
“DO NOT TRACK”
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We do not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. For information about DNT, please visit hppts://allaboutdnt.com/.
- To improve your experience on our site and platforms;
- To carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services; and
- To understand how visitors use our site. This includes navigating, scrolling, and looking at pages they access and content they open.
Cookies are small data files that are placed on the hard drive of your computer, tablet, smartphone or other device when you visit a website. They enhance shopping efficiency and allow us to recognize returning shoppers. Cookies may stay on your browser until they expire or you delete them. Some of them are erased when you close your browser window and some persist for a period of time. Further information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org. You can disable cookies by adjusting your browser settings, but some functions of our website may not function if you do. Please also note that while disabling a cookie may prevent the future collection of information, it will not prevent the use of information collected before the cookie was disabled.
We also use Google Analytics to collect information about visitor traffic and behavior. This allows us to identify usage trends and to improve the performance and content of our website. We do not use this tool to collect or store your personal information, and it cannot be used to identify who you are.
INDIVIDUALS UNDER THE AGE OF 16
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose the personal information of individuals under the age of 18. If we become aware that such an individual is submitting information to us without the consent of his or her parent(s) or legal guardian, we will delete the information from our database as soon as possible. If you have reason to believe that we are collecting information about an individual under 16 years of age without parental consent, please email us immediately at privacy@ janmarini.com or phone us at (888) 695 – 2611 so that we can take appropriate action.
Protecting your security is very important to us. JMSR is a Verisign™ Secure Site. We use secure servers that utilize firewalls to protect your information, as well as the industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. Unfortunately, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect the information in our custody, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information we may have collected or received from you or transmitted to you. If you have reason to believe that your information is not secure, please notify us immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning us at (888) 695-2611.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES
We will retain your information for as long as necessary to provide our services, or as otherwise permitted by law. We will retain and use this information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. A notice of any material changes will be posted in a clear and conspicuous manner on our website. Please note that your continued use of our site after we have posted changes to this Policy will constitute your agreement to be bound by such changes.