Age Intervention Face Serum is a breakthrough in skin rejuvenating technology especially for adult women over the age of 25. The Age Intervention formula combines a number of agents that are specifically designed to target changes in the appearance of aging skin resulting from decreasing hormonal levels and cumulative sun exposure. Age Intervention Face Serum will assist in revitalizing and restoring the appearance of youthful suppleness and elasticity.
As females age and hormonal levels drop, the sebaceous glands begin to atrophy contributing to drier skin. In addition, the decline of estrogen results in reduced moisture content, also exacerbating the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. Other hormonal related changes include:
- Decreased fat content in the skin eventually resulting in less substance and more skeletal facial contours
- Decreased epidermal cell turnover
- Impaired barrier function resulting in greater trans-epidermal moisture loss and risk of irritation
- Thinning of the dermis
- Thinner and sparser elastin fibers
- Changes in collagen production and collagen fibers
- Diminished vascularization (blood supply) to the surface of the skin
- Decrease in the skin's immune functions
- Changes in pigment cells
Cumulative sun exposure is the greatest cause of what most people think of as "inevitable skin aging". Two major factors involved in photodamaged skin are:
- Impaired immune function that inhibits cells from repairing damage, which then contributes to numerous aging skin changes
- Inflammatory responses that trigger free radical activity causing cellular damage and cellular abnormalities.
1 oz. pump
8 oz. bottle for Clinical/Professional use only