Until now, the post-procedure market was seriously lacking in immediate post-procedure products that offer positive user experiences to patients. The primary products patients used during recovery were Vaseline or Aquaphor (petrolatum), leaving your skin hot, red, sticky and shiny for multiple days post-treatment.
Marini BioShield is the first product of its kind. It is a silicone-based, non-petrolatum product for advanced post-procedure barrier protection and repair. This patent-pending formulation combines targeted growth factors and peptides with hyaluronic acid and CoEnzyme Q10 to reduce downtime and enhance treatment results. Marini BioShield's near-invisible matte finish protects the skin, speeds recovery and significantly increases user satisfaction by minimizing or eliminating the objections and social impact common to post-procedure recovery.
Available in a 2 oz. tube.
Features & Benefits
- Faster recovery
- Reduced downtime post procedure
- Reduced redness
- Enhanced treatment results
- Superior experience and patient satisfaction
- Non-petrolatum, oil-free formulation
- Safe for ablative procedures
- Patent pending
- Paraben-Free, Oil-Free
- Ideal for all skin types
- Epidermal Growth Factor (sh-Oligopeptide-1)
- Fibroblast Growth Factor (sh-Polypeptide-1)
- TGF Beta 1 (rh-Polypeptide-22)
- Palmitoyl Oligopeptide
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7
- Sodium Hyaluronate
- CoEnzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone)
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Water/Aqua/Eau, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, sh-Oligopeptide-1, Ubiquinone, sh-Polypeptide-22, Bisabolol, sh-Polypeptide-1, Tocopherol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Carbomer, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Oleate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol
This product is intended to be applied like a mask in a thicker layer to cover the skin for barrier protection. It is not meant to be rubbed in or patted on. For best results, apply as follows:
- Always wash hands prior to application.
- Apply a uniform, slightly visible layer over the entire treated surface:
- Apply product in one direction only using slow, smooth, and long motions.
- For most uniform coverage, apply the product using multiple pea- to 10 cent-sized increments as required.
- Starting along the tear duct, spread the product directly across the face toward the outer edge of the cheek as shown.
- Repeat motion in stripes from the center face to the outer jawline progressing downward across the cheek to cover the entire mid-face and upper lip.
- Starting at the center of the forehead, spread toward the temple and down the outside edge of the face. Repeat to cover the entire forehead.
- To cover the chin, start along the outer jawline, near the ear, and spread toward the center of the chin.
- Repeat for the opposite side of the face.
- The product will slowly dry, creating a flexible, enriched silicone barrier on the skin for recovery.
- Do not 'spot fix' once applied.
- To fix areas after application, thoroughly remove all product and reapply.
- After recovery, the product may be used in a thin invisible layer to enhance hydration and provide continued recovery benefit. Makeup may be applied over the product at this time.
Recommended for all skin types.
Marini BioShield is now my post-procedure product of choice. We've used it after PDT and ablative resurfacing and find it markedly improves our patient's recovery and post-procedure experience. In fact, our most satisfied patients are those with prior treatment (and post-treatment product) experience who now prefer BioShield. I personally used BioShield post-PDT and was impressed by its efficacy as well as its ability to minimize visible downtime. BioShield significantly reduced my post-PDT erythema throughout recovery, stayed in place beautifully, and its matte surface camouflaged the appearance of recent injury. Back at work two days after PDT, very few people noticed I'd had a procedure or was even wearing anything. BioShield is a significant advancement in post-treatment care.
Whitney D. Tope, MPhil, MD
Board Certified Dermatologist
We are extremely satisfied with the efficacy of Marini BioShield for our varied post-procedure needs. Following multiple types of ablative procedures our patients experience more rapid recovery and minimized downtime with significantly greater satisfaction vs. prior post-procedure products. Its silicone, non-petrolatum base plus growth factors and peptides mark a significant advancement in post-procedure recovery and care. Based on its efficacy and versatility we've started expanding its use in our office beyond full-face procedures and are very satisfied with the results. BioShield is now our post-procedure product-of-choice for superior recovery and post-procedure experience.
Dr. Jaggi Rao
Board Certified Dermatologist
Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of Alberta, Canada
We are highly impressed by Marini BioShield's ability to significantly reduce patient downtime while improving patient experience. Post combination surgery and full-face fractional CO2, we are observing significantly reduced erythema with highly satisfied patients. We're amazed at how significantly this has positively impacted their downtime and recovery experience. We now recommend BioShield for all of our laser procedures during recovery.
Kirk Churukian, MD,
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon